Who or what takes care of your aquarium while you are on vacation?

• We all go on vacation, however we can't just bring along any of our aquatic friends. What do you do when you are about to go on vacation and won't be back for a week? Do you ask your neighbors, family members, or friends to take care of the fish tank by feeding them and turning on/off the lights, or do you have automatic equipment and timers that take care of the feeding and lights?

How long have you gone on vacation while leaving your fish at home behind?

• You know, I travel a decent amount but all of my trips are short. I make sure my fish are well fed leading up to travel, then leave. I never have any problems.

• When I was younger, I remember my parents paid someone to visit our home and just make sure everything was good and to feed them. Back then our neighbors weren't that great so we couldn't just ask them.

• I have never left my fish for longer than a week, and during that time I have had my brother stop by to check on them. I never really thought about this up until now, but it's possible that they have kind of kept me anchored to my place throughout my life.

As I mentioned in another thread though, I currently don't own any fish, so I guess now would be the time to take a vacation. Instead I've been shopping for aquariums online, however. lol

• I go on cruises once or twice a year. I use the Vacation feeders and have not had a problem. Now that I have a marine tank; my brother will come and feed my Tang if needed.