How Much Have You Spent On Fish?

• How much in total, have you spent on all of your fish that are in your tank? Were their any of them that cost more, and after owning them for awhile was the purchase justified?

• I haven't spent anything but my parents possibly spent around 30 to 50 USD on aquariums when I was a kid, just guessing. Anyway, it wasn't a lot cause I wasn't much into it. The fish simply died too fast and then I would go on to something else. Anyway, the fish were always relaxing to look at, though.

• I personally wild collected a lot of my fish because that is what I am into. I enjoy native aquariums.

That's awesome! I was thinking if this was a real thing to do or not.

What kind of fish do you have?

As far as me, I've spent a several hundred in the past - right now I don't have any equipment, except a small tank I got for free. I am looking to get back into this, though.

• That's awesome! I was thinking if this was a real thing to do or not.

What kind of fish do you have?

As far as me, I've spent a several hundred in the past - right now I don't have any equipment, except a small tank I got for free. I am looking to get back into this, though.

Right now mollies, and some mud minnows, bluegill, and a few of some unidentified ones.

• I haven't spent anything. It was my parents. But note this was back when I was a kid. Anyway, they probably spent under 50 USD for a tank, possibly in the 30s range.

• Over the course of my life I'd say easily a couple thousand - primarily on equipment. I've always gone the extra mile to make sure my fish had enough room to swim around and that the water was up to scratch. I always hated the idea of having any type of fish that wasn't totally comfortable.