Introductions

• Hey guys, new forum...how about an introduction thread?

I’m Rouelle. That forum ID is relatively gender neutral, but I’m a male. Married, 2 daughters (ages 3 and 1). I have done a couple things professionally, but am currently working as a pharmacist. I have 2 per diem jobs, so my schedule is pretty irregular (may work 14 straight days or be off 14 straight, never know). The work schedule does affect the time I spend on here...I do what I can :).

I started out in the aquarium hobby just shy of 20 years ago with a series of FOWLR saltwater tanks. After moving 4 times across 3 states in a 4 year period, I had to tear all tanks down for a couple years. About 3 years ago I returned to the hobby, this time going the freshwater route just to learn something new. I currently have three tanks set up: 5, 20, and 60 gallons. All are planted. The 5 is shrimp only. The 20 is blue dream shrimp and peaceful tetras. The 60 is primarily angels and rainbows.

Anyway, that’s a little about me. Would love to hear about the rest of y’all.

• Hello! My name is James Richardson (hard to tell I notice), am male, 45 years old, have a few children, and currently just work from home doing various things. Like Rouelle my work schedule can honestly vary from day to day and week to week, which can be a good thing and also a bad thing depending on how much variance we are talking about.

Fish always caught my interest even when I was kid, and while having children seeing their eyes when they feed them or come up for food can make the experience that much more real. Dealing with tanks, fish, shrimp, etc. for many years now I feel like I have learned a ton, but still have so much more to master. Due to the easy of care, freshwater has basically been my only home and focus since I stated in this hobby (and let's talk about the high cost of saltwater). I currently have a handful of tanks setup in both my living room area and bedrooms. I have 1 of them that is a dirted tank (planted with actual soil of course), some that are gravel, with others that are sand based substrates.

It's nice to meet all of you and learn more about the freshwater hobby by learning things we may have not of known from other users. See you all swimming around this forum!

• Hey everyone, this is a great way to get to know each other! My name is Avery Benson, I'm 24, live in Phoenix, Arizona, United States and do a few things professionally. I currently work in Quality Assurance for a large corporation, graduated last year with a Computer Science degree, and focus on aquariums are my primary hobby (as you can probably tell).

I am also trying to get this website and community going up with content that is shared between a few breeders that I personally have connections with and the public. Growing up I always dealt with fish, and ever so much now when going into stores I dislike how many people are told incorrect information at many major stores. Although I do not personally know everything about the hobby, allowing for others to learn correct information that is not only helpful for them, but to engage them into the hobby makes my day.

I have had my fair share of aquariums, from 5.5 gallons up to my current 55 gallon, and soon next year a 200 gallon tank that I am getting (friend is leaving across the country, and doesn't want to drag it with). Throughout these tanks I've played with all forms of substrates, from gravel to pure dirt, from fake plants to real. I'v even taken personal care of community fish up to those high marked piranhas (which by the way, aren't as cool in a aquarium since they don't act like shown on videos unless not fed for a week and a half, and are extremely shy/skittish). I'm hoping that I can learn just as much from the community as I have learned from my own personal experiences.

It's nice to meet all of you, and hope to learn a little more about the profile on our community from the rest of you! :)

• Hello all good members and I'm empire from the great great place of UK, with winter coming it's getting cold by the min. So newbie saying hi to the members that may be reading this. I'm not much of an talking or typing person so it be short and sweet. I like to eat fish more then anything lol but we all like to eat something at some point

• Hi I am Jelly (aka Jason) from Tennessee, USA and I find jellyfish rather fascinating. Anyhow, my other hobbies are 3D art creation, playing musical instruments, and jogging. Anyhow, I hope to learn much about fish and especially the more weird and cool ones.